California Libraries Learn Learner GuideParticipants in CALL learning events are required to fill out an LSTA evaluation survey (sent separately). The following learner guide, however, is for your personal use and is intended to encourage you to take what you have learned, apply it, and share it when relevant.
REFLECTING on the training:
- What are some insights you have from this training?
- What did you know about this topic prior to the training? How did the training help you take this knowledge to the next level?
- What did you learn that surprised you?
- What do you want to learn more about?
APPLYING what you learned:
- How might you implement what you learned in your work or personal life?
- What challenges might you experience when implementing what you learned? What are some strategies you can use to address these challenges?
- List three next steps you will take based on what you learned in this training. What is your timeline for completing these?
- Consider how your next steps might impact the people you work with. What are some strategies you can use to create buy-in?
SHARING & CONNECTING with others:
- How might you share what you learned with others – within or outside of your organization?
- How can you connect with your fellow learners to keep a conversation going after the training and continue to learn from each other?
Check out the next page for SHARING & CONNECTING ideas
IDEAS for sharing out your learnings and connecting with fellow learners:
Create a list of highlights from the training, for example:
- The most important things you learned
- Practical tips and takeaways
- Things that surprised you or made you think differently about this topic
- Ideas for applying what you learned within libraries
- Questions this training has led you to ask