5th Annual Adult Services Symposium: Radical Renewal
May 11, 2021 @ 10:00 am – 1:30 pm
California Center for the Book is excited to announce the 5th Annual Adult Services Symposium: RADICAL RENEWAL. Join us Tuesday, May 11, 2021 from 10:00 AM – 1:30 PM. This virtual event will feature engaging presentations sharing the best of adult programming and services, with plenty of time for collaboration and conversation.
- Collaborative Engagement : Co-Creating Across Differences – Dr. Nethra Samarawickrema and Yuri Zaitsev
- Creating an Inclusive Writing Project During a Global Pandemic – Chelsea Eggli
- 5 Ways to Reinvigorate Local History with Social Justice – Vi Ha
- Building Bridges – Sandra Serna and Jennifer Agnew
- Radical Reading: Reaching Readers through Alternative Formats – Laura Kellen
We will host breakout rooms for presentations 1-4 . Attendees may choose which breakout room to attend. Rooms will be moderated by California Center for the Book Program Development Group members.
This grant-funded event is offered free of charge for California public library employees, including those who are currently affected by pandemic-related layoffs or work status changes. Please use your California library work email when you register, if possible. Zoom meeting connection information will be emailed shortly after you register. The confirmation email also includes a link to manage your registration. Please hold onto it. This grant-funded event is part of the CLA Pre-Conference, but you DO NOT need to register for conference too. We hope you attend the whole event, but we understand if you cannot make the full 3.5 hours. Please join us when you are able. Learn more about the Adult Services Symposium, please REGISTER for this free online event.
This event is presented as part of the California Library Association virtual conference, Renaissance: The Library Renewal.