- This event has passed.
A Ready Reference Refresher
September 1 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Ready Reference Service is reference service finished or replied in a very short time in a minute if possible. It is an important reference service and it is related to such information that is provided directly to the patron in a short period of time. It also includes such reference services which direct the readers to reference sources immediately.
Attend this reference refresher and learn more about:
- free reliable sources used by other librarians
- online reference interviewing
- handy websites for basic information
- information for job hunters
- educational material for families and teachers
- an in-depth look at government resources
- ways to keep track of websites and resources
Kira Smith is a virtual reference provider for Florida’s Ask A Librarian Service and a presenter for Novare Library Services. She has Master’s Degrees in Library Science and Education. Kira is a former public librarian, elementary school teacher and childbirth educator. She has lived in New York, Louisiana, Texas, and Florida. She enjoys teaching, technology, and travel.
CALL EXCLUSIVE: This webinar is only available to California Library staff. Register to attend live or visit the CALL Academy one week after delivery for a recording.