- This event has passed.
Centering Community in Community Engagement: Applying Inclusive Design to Set Vision and Engage Your Community in Your Facilities and Building Projects
Wednesday, December 15, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Register to apply for a seat in this one-hour webinar
In this fast-paced presentation, you will learn the inclusionary tactics that will ensure your building projects have incorporated the hopes, dreams, and aspirations of the community! You will also learn how these techniques are translated into the library program and service model. This presentation will include examples from public libraries and concepts that are scalable to all sizes and types of libraries.
By the end of this webinar, attendees will have learned about:
- Why authentic community engagement is critical to equity work;
- How deep listening and learning are applied to elicit the community’s goals;
- How to translate these conversations into future services and programs;
- How these aspirations are translated into building designs;
- The fundamental framework of Inclusive Design.
CALL SPONSORED: In order to gain the most impact from learning events sponsored by the CALL grant, we ask that all participants engage fully (attend, participate, discuss and share). If you are unable or not willing to agree to this, please be kind and leave a seat or place for someone else.