- This event has passed.
Creating a Sustainable, User-centered Website for Academic Libraries
Wednesday, March 16 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Making time to craft and manage usable, relevant web content has never been more important. The COVID19 pandemic and hybrid virtual/physical nature of academic library services necessitate web content accuracy and usability.
In this session, Jaci Wilkinson, Assistant Professor and the Head of Discovery and User Experience at Indiana University Bloomington Libraries, will share five guidelines that have structured her work as the manager of a digital ecosystem of platforms and services since the start of the pandemic. These guidelines are tailored to the unique complexities of the academic library website.
Participants will learn:
1. Strategies for when and how to audit your web content.
2. How to welcome all users with accessible representations of library spaces.
3. How to ruthlessly identify what your library’s social media presence is actually for.
4. How to structure the difference between research guides and the library website.
5. Why describing the service is the service.
If you’re interested but not able to attend the live webinar, go ahead and register. We’ll send a recording to all registrants after the fact.