- This event has passed.
Digital Stories for Community Engagement
Tuesday, January 18
Imagine providing book recommendations to hundreds of people at once. Picture little reels that capture the fun and exciting programs and events at the library. Envision interviewing authors, community leaders, and experts with just the click of a button. These are just some of the latest concepts that you can do with digital storytelling. No longer do you need fancy equipment or software. With readily available social media apps and smart phone devices, libraries can share powerful digital stories with their communities. Using accessible and simple technology, you can:
- Livestream interviews and tutorials
- Share important announcements and updates
- Advertise and drum up excitement for library services
- Promote library material, resources, and programs
In this beginner-level course, participants will:
- Develop an engagement action plan for utilizing digital stories
- Create and upload digital stories on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok
- Design and personalize their digital stories to make them stand out
- Incorporate these digital stories into your library’s social media and marketing plans
The skills developed in this course can help build stronger relationships with the community, market the library’s important services and resources, and lead to new relationships and conversations with community stakeholders.
CALL SPONSORED: In order to gain the most impact from learning events sponsored by the CALL grant, we ask that all participants engage fully (attend, participate, discuss and share). If you are unable or not willing to agree to this, please be kind and leave a seat or place for someone else.