- This event has passed.
Food Access and Seed Libraries in Rural Public Libraries
Wednesday, June 9, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Are you looking for ideas to “grow” a seed library and improve access to food for your community? Presenters from small and rural locations in South Carolina will share their experiences with seed libraries (inside branches, at outreach events, and on board a bookmobile) and community refrigerators, and highlight the value of partnerships.
You’ll gain knowledge on how to start a seed library from the ground up, how to collaborate with community organizations not generally considered as library partners, and learn better practices for making your library an access point for those experiencing food insecurity.
- Rebecca Antill, Youth Services Consultant, Library Development, South Carolina State Library
- Devon Andrews, Community Engagement Associate Director, Charleston County Public Library (SC)
- Maddie Hibbs, Children’s Librarian, Fairfield County Library (SC)
- Heath Ward, Library Director, Saluda County Library System (SC)
- Jimmy Wooten, Community Engagement Manager, Greenville County Library System (SC)