- This event has passed.
Grow and Strengthen Your Team
Wednesday, January 19 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Teams perform poorly for several reasons, but two keys are misunderstanding the process of developing a team as well as an inability to engage in activities that further this process. These shortcomings plague face to face and virtual teams, with the latter facing a separate set of challenges. This webinar will address both aspects of team management with an eye towards identifying “best practices” to guide managers in their efforts to build cohesive virtual and face-to-face teams that are successful, effective, purposeful, and resilient.
By attending this webinar, you will learn:
- What makes virtual teams different from, and more challenging than, face to face teams;
- The stages of team development;
- The role of the team leaders in moving a team through these stages to become high performing;
- The tools needed to build trust, communicate effectively, manage conflict and adversity, and celebrate success in team environments; and
- The characteristics of an effective team
Presented by :: Mitchell Friedman
Mitchell Friedman, EdD, APR develops people. Known as an enthusiastic, energetic, and insightful educator and consultant, he relishes opportunities to help others to develop their skills and abilities on the path to achieving their full potential.
Dr. Friedman teaches leadership, management communication, organizational behavior, and public relations at universities located throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Dr. Friedman also helps a range of organizations to develop the communications and leadership skills of their employees.
This webinar is sponsored by CALL for California library staff. Register to attend live or visit the CALL Academy one week after delivery for a recording.