- This event has passed.
How to Effectively Run a Meeting
Wednesday, December 8, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Many people lament time spent in meetings, regardless of whether they are held face-to-face or online. But meetings don’t have to be a waste of time. In fact, with a little effort, both online and face-to-face meetings can be productive, educational, and even entertaining.
What’s critical is that every meeting attendee prioritizes effective meeting management—and that starts with the individual who leads the meeting. This webinar will outline the three key areas of responsibility for individuals who lead online and/or face-to-face meetings, which includes planning, running the meeting itself, and follow up afterwards. Whether you lead meetings, or want to help ensure they’re effective and efficient, you’ll want to attend this webinar.
By attending this webinar, you will learn:
- How to manage the unique challenges posed by online meetings;
- How to plan in advance for a successful meeting, regardless of whether it’s online or face to face;
- How to enlist the support of meeting attendees to make the meeting successful;
- How meeting attendees can contribute to successful meetings;
- How to run the meeting itself, so that it starts and ends on time—and achieves its objectives; and
- What needs to happen after the meeting ends
Mitchell Friedman ~ Biography
Mitchell Friedman, EdD, APR develops people. Known as an enthusiastic, energetic, and insightful educator and consultant, he relishes opportunities to help others to develop their skills and abilities on the path to achieving their full potential.
Dr. Friedman teaches leadership, management communication, organizational behavior, and public relations at universities located throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Dr. Friedman also helps a range of organizations to develop the communications and leadership skills of their employees.
This webinar is sponsored by CALL for California library staff. Register to attend live or visit the CALL Academy one week after delivery for a recording.