How to Embrace and Manage Change
Wednesday, February 9 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
You’ve no doubt heard it said many times, and in many different ways, that change is inevitable. It’s a part of life, so we need to embrace it. Yet more often than not, we need to cope with changes that are out of our control or which are imposed upon us by managers or forces that are part of our broader environment.
How can we best respond to these calls for change? How can we effectively communicate our concerns in a professional and constructive manner? Once we’ve done so, why and how should we support these changes? Attend this program to learn how to respond to these and other questions and address changes you’re encountering in your workplace.
In this webinar you’ll learn how to:
- Better understand the bigger picture of change in your organization, and your role in the change process
- Pinpoint what specifically how you’ll need to adapt to this change
- Cultivate the skills, aptitudes, and/or other capabilities to participate in change
- Ask constructive questions of your managers about the change initiatives; and
- Stand out as a leader in the change process
Presented by :: Mitchell Friedman
Mitchell Friedman, EdD, APR develops people. Known as an enthusiastic, energetic, and insightful educator and consultant, he relishes opportunities to help others to develop their skills and abilities on the path to achieving their full potential.
Dr. Friedman teaches leadership, management communication, organizational behavior, and public relations at universities located throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. Dr. Friedman also helps a range of organizations to develop the communications and leadership skills of their employees.
CALL SPONSORED: This webinar is sponsored by CALL for California library staff. Register to attend live or visit the CALL Academy one week after delivery for a recording.