- This event has passed.
How to Write More Effective Email and Web Content
Thursday, September 30, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
How many times have you arrived at a page and found your eyes glazing over when faced with long, wordy paragraphs? On the web people don’t read, they scan, skim and select. In fact, usability studies show that less is more — people don’t find information that is right in front of them when it’s buried in long paragraphs.
When it comes to email, communicating effectively is especially important, and the same guidelines for writing web content apply. With email, you also need to consider subject lines, who else to copy, and what outcome you are hoping for with each email you send.
In this webinar, we’ll offer specific guidelines that will help you communicate more effectively in an age where people read most of your content on a screen. We’ll look at before and after examples, and attendees will get a list of resources for learning more.
At the end of this webinar, attendees will:
- Have tips for keeping writing brief without omitting information.
- Know the best practices for effective email communication in the workplace.
- Have best practices for conveying instructions and making web links descriptive.
- Be able to apply important design guidelines for text without changing the design of the entire website.
- Be familiar with web accessibility guidelines that apply to writing style and understand why they matter.
This webinar will be of interest to: Staff from any type of library who write content for websites or email.