Improving Web Site Accessibility
Tuesday, February 8 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Register above to apply for a seat in this one-hour webinar.
This webinar will discuss a project to assess the accessibility of St. John’s University Library’s website using software called Siteimprove and suggest various means by which libraries can identify and fix accessibility problems within their websites.
By the end of this webinar, participants will gain an understanding of:
- why web accessibility is important;
- some common accessibility problems with library websites;
- methods for identifying and fixing accessibility problems on library websites;
- how St. John’s University Libraries used Siteimprove to increase web accessibility; and
- some of the other services, such as WAVE (a free evaluation tool), which can be used to identify web accessibility problems.
CALL SPONSORED: In order to gain the most impact from learning events sponsored by the CALL grant, we ask that all participants engage fully (attend, participate, discuss and share). If you are unable or not willing to agree to this, please be kind and leave a seat or place for someone else.