- This event has passed.
Memorial Records: Researching Cemeteries for Genealogy
May 19, 2021 @ 11:00 am – 12:00 pm
In this informative program you will learn how to get the most out of your trip to the cemetery by learning about the types of records available to you, the types of memorials, and types of cemeteries common in the United States. There is no better way to honor our ancestors than by remembering and preserving their life through our research.
As a result of this program, attendees will learn:
- Types of death, funeral, and cemetery records and how to find them
- How to use cemetery records to record facts about ancestors
- The types of American cemeteries, monuments and records that you will encounter
- How to plan a cemetery visit and what to do during the visit
- Resources for monument symbols
Presented by :: Maggie Rose, Librarian, Twinsburg Public Library, Ohio
CALL EXCLUSIVE: This webinar is only available to California Library staff. Register to attend live or visit the CALL Academy one week after delivery for a recording.