- This event has passed.
Passive-Aggressive Behavior: Sources and Solutions for Library Workspaces
Thursday, June 17, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Passive-aggressive behavior can be maddening. It catches us off guard, causes confusion, resentment, and low morale. What causes it and how can you help prevent it? This webinar will bring together research from multiple fields on how to handle passive-aggressive behavior, with particular tips for librarians. It will also explore the causes of passive-aggressive behavior, the benefits of anger, gender biases around anger, and more.
Participants will learn:
• How passive-aggressive behavior can be an adaptive trait and encouraged through systems at work, home or in broader society
• Signs and examples of passive-aggressive behavior
• Tips and techniques on how to reframe the behavior and deal with it appropriately whether it is coming from colleagues, patrons, or superiors
• What boundaries are and how they affect our behavior
• Role play examples to more effectively communicate
Presented by :: Carrie Rogers-Whitehead, library consultant
CALL SPONSORED: In order to gain the most impact from learning events sponsored by the CALL grant, we ask that all participants engage fully (attend, participate, discuss and share). If you are unable or not willing to agree to this, please be kind and leave a seat or place for someone else.