- This event has passed.
Youth Mental Health First Aid: Day One
April 8 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
CALL has partnered with the California Department of Education to offer a certificate in Youth Mental Health First Aid. YMHFA teaches participants to identify, understand, and respond to youth, ages 6-18, who may experiencing emotional distress, mental illness or a substance use issue. This training gives adults the skills they need to reach out and provide initial support and help connect them with appropriate and timely care.
Technology Requirements: Participants are required to use their cameras- this is a fidelity as well as a safety issue. Breaks are built into the training so that participants can occasionally step away from the camera.
- Computer Windows or Apple desktop or laptop computer OR Mobile
- Device/ Tablet/ Surface: iOS, Android, Windows.
- Phone (backup audio option) It is highly recommended that users join the course from a tablet, laptop or desktop computer for the best experience. Phones may be used for audio support.
- Microphone and speakers Participants whose computers do not have a microphone and/or speakers can use the dial-in option from their phone for audio.
- HD Webcam Either built into the user’s device or external.
- Internet Connection We recommend an internet speed of at least 5mbps upload/download speed. Users can test their internet speed at https://www.speedtest.net/
Self-paced Learning: Participants are required to complete self-paced learning, which typically takes about 2 hours, prior to the instructor-led session. Participants must complete this portion of the course or they will not be provided a certificate of completion. YMHFA is an evidenced-based program that must be followed with fidelity. Therefore, participants must complete the pre-work prior to the course since it is the foundation of the training. Completing coursework afterward breaks the workflow and participants do not receive the foundational learning to actively participate in the course.
NOTE: Cut off for registration is April 1, 2021.