Now more than ever library staff are looking for the skills to work with those experiencing mental health challenges. To meet this demand, many organizations have increased the number of offerings for Mental Health First Aid certification. Mental Health First Aid is a skills-based training course that teaches participants about mental health and substance-use issues.
You can find current and upcoming MHFA online training with the following:
- Go to the Eventbrite Calendar.
- Use the Search Events feature and type in MHFA and/or Mental Health First Aid.
- If you would like for the training to be free, filter the results by Price and choose Free.
- From the list of free trainings, ensure that you are choosing the appropriate MHFA training for you. There is an adult, and a youth version.
- Follow through the registration process as indicated and you should receive instructions and follow up from the training organization.
NOTE: This training is NOT for those who are already certified as MHFA Instructors. This training is for those who want to get their initial MHFA certification.