Have you taken an on demand learning module in CALL Academy lately? If you haven’t, you’re missing out!
CALL Academy is a great way to learn at your own pace. Learning modules can be accessed any time of day, any day of the week. Most take about an hour to complete, but if you can’t finish in one session you can come back anytime to pick up where you left off!
CALL Academy has over 800 learning modules to choose from on various topics such as communication, crisis situations (like de-escalation), leadership, trauma-informed practices and more!
But, like any collection, sometimes the CALL team has to do some weeding. Check out these learning modules before they’re gone!
- A Trauma Informed Approach to Dealing With Difficult People
- Developing Employee Career Paths
- Helping Patrons with Social Media
- Fighting for the First
- From Diversity to Inclusion: Auditing Your Collection
- Library Partnerships 101
- Performance Evaluations: A Skill-building Refresher for Library Leaders
- Providing Mental Health Information to Patrons
- Speaking Volumes: Podcasts for Patrons and Professionals
- Understanding Intellectual Freedom and Censorship
Trying out CALL Academy for the first time? Create an account using your library email address for instant access. If you don’t have a library email address that’s OK! Sign up using your personal email address and you’ll receive a short email from CALL to verify your library affiliation.
CALL Academy is a resource available to all library staff in California, library volunteers, and individuals associated with various library projects.